Kaiserslautern auf Facebook
Auf der offiziellen Facebook-Seite der Stadt Kaiserslautern postet die Pressestelle relevante Verwaltungsthemen aber auch andere Informationen rund um Kaiserslautern und das Leben in der Stadt.
Kaiserslautern is nestled in one of Germany's most exciting regions for holidays. No wonder the Palatinate is often referred to as "the Tuscany of Germany." Indeed, at the sight of fig, orange and lemon trees you might think yourself to be very close to the Mediterranean.
Visitors rave about the conviviality of the wine festival and delight in the dreamy villages with their picturesque vineyards, romantic castles, abbeys and castles, and the unspoiled natural environment, with woods, ravines, valley meadows and hills.
- the largest continuous area of heathland in southern Germany
- after the Speyer Cathedral, the largest church in the Palatinate
- one of the most beautiful destinations for walking in the Palatinate Forest
- landmark in the town of Sickingenstadt Landstuhl, built by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa
- the motion-oriented science center in Pirmasens
- TIERART gives big cats, which were kept under inadequate conditions in zoos, circuses or in private captivity, a new, species-appropriate home. In addition, numerous native wild animals are cared for at TIERART.
- the oldest and most famous German wine route for tourists
- the cradle of German democracy
- bizarre red sandstone giant rocks and mighty castles made of rock