Content

Wadgasser Hof

The property came into the possession of the ruler of Palatinate-Lautern, the Count Palatine Ludwig-Philipp, in 1619.
ceiling of stucco room © Stadt Kaiserslautern
ceiling of stucco room © Stadt Kaiserslautern
Later it was the widow’s estate of Maria Eleonore, the sovereign of Lautern and wife of the Count Palatine. The splendid stucco room, furnished with objects from the 18th century, serves as a reminder of the building’s history as the residence of nobility.

The ceiling, with its ribbon ornamentation and cherub allegories of the four seasons, is considered among the finest pieces of baroque stucco in southwestern Germany.

The Theodor Zink Museum and the Wadgasser Hof are open Tuesdays to Fridays from 09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.

 
 

Footer

City of Kaiserslautern -
© 1998 - 2014