The tower was built in 1899/1900.
The nearby village Hohenecken and the ruins of the castle are also worth a visit. Historical records first mention the castle in 1195.
After being destroyed by the French in 1689, the ruin was restored in 1940. Today the castle ruin of Hohenecken is among the most impressive remains of the period of the Staufer.